Friday, August 10, 2007



My friend Tina over at http://www.gardengoose.blogspot.com awarded me with this award so now I have to award some other friends. So here is the ones I have choosen Kim at www.midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com , Tracey at www.carpentercreed.wordpress.com , Whitney at www.whitneysspot.blogspot.com, and MaryBeth at www.day4plus.blogspot.com. The others that I wanted to give this award to had already been awarded.

Today was another hot one. The heat index is what is bothering everyone. I sure wish we would get some rain. It looks like there is no rain in sight for awhile. I went to a yard sale with my Aunt. Then we went on to the Salvation Army over in the other town. I was very disappointed with the S.A. They had nothing in the store. Maybe we just came after everyone had picked through the stuff. We are planning on getting up at 4:30 in the morning to go yard saleing. Good thing I done my house work this afternoon. For I plan on sleeping when we get back. I needed to ride this afternoon but who wants to ride when it is this hot. The horses had sweat dripping off of them tonight when they came to the barn to eat. I didn't give them a lot of feed for I didn't want to make them sick. I have noticed a drop in my milk production with my goats , I fear it is because of the heat. Has anyone else had this to happened when they miked?

3 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

It has been so very hot here too lately. uggh.
ooh the yard saling sounds like fun..but I tell you it's been too hot hardly even for that! I'm a major, major wimp when it comes to the heat.Have fun..I hope you find some fun things.

Day4plus said...

Well, thanks for the nice vote. How would I get that pretty picture on my blog?
It isn't hot here, so come on over. Today was in the high60s with the sun breaking out occasionally. Very nice out, I think. Kylee has a rodeo tomorrow (Sat) and barrel race on Sunday. 'On the road again'
You are pretty nice yourself so you get my vote. MB

Tracey said...

Laura, congrats on your sweetness! And thanks for thinking I'm nice, too...I'm really rather crabby sometimes, though, you know?

Been forgetting to tell you the video came, but I've not had a chance to watch it (are you taking my nice matters away from me now?) But I promise I will! I will! I've just been swamped with all this sheepie and horsie and fair time stuff...