Thursday, August 23, 2007

apple dish

I fixed this for tonight. Don't really know exactly where the recipe came from. I found it in a recipe book that my family put out a few years ago. Hope you like it:
Melt 1 stick of butter or margarine andset aside.
Mix:
1 1/2 cups flour(I use self rising)
1/2 cups milk( I use goat milk)
1/2 cups crisco
Pat into rectangular shape. Sprinkle cinnamon or apple spice over dough. Chip up 2 cups of apples and spread over dough. Roll up like jelly roll and slice. Place in buttered pan.
Take 2 cups water and 1 1/2 cups sugar and let come to a good boil. Pour over dough rolls and bake 35 minutes or until done and golden brown. ( I set my oven at 350)

I do know that this recipe was one of my great Aunts recipe that she always fixed. My family really likes it and one year it won at the church we use to attend in their cookoff.

6 comments:

Brightmeadowfarms said...

That apple dish sounds interesting. I am surprised that you would pour sugar water over it, maybe it makes a jelly?

2 LMZ FARMS said...

It does make some sort of thickening. It really is good though.
Laura

Tina Leavy said...

oooh that sounds yummy. hmm..I'm thinking I could use the pears in this.yum.

Beemoosie said...

Sounds divine! I'll have to try that one!
Hope everything is good for you!
~Blessings

Day4plus said...

Yummy--I will try it.
Kylee and her mother are at a gaming event on whidbey Island. News Bulliton---Kylee got second in barrels tonight and won 15 dollars in something else. /shannon said Ambush (horse) worked real good. So Kylee and Ambush as beginning to blend together. Shannon ran the horse she is working with and they were slow but the horse did well. Tomorrow and Sunday more stuff. I'll keep you posted. OK? MB

JANET said...

Sounds like a good recipe. My grandmother always used goat milk, back when she could buy it from someone who had goats!