Sunday, August 5, 2007

We had our show yesterday and boy, was it a hot day. I had to have the goats there by 10 and I made it at 10:15. Thank goodness they cut me some slack. It was an open show which they also had breeders there along with our market goats. I carried two from the house and the two that the girls show for me. So, we entered the ring with 4 goats. There were over 140 goats total. We walked away with 7th, 11th, 13th, and 14th. My neice carried two of her goats and placed real good with hers. I had enough time to load up , come home, unload, feed, milk, catch Dass , take a quick shower and load back up to be back on the fairgrounds by 7:30 for the rodeo. I carried the Army flag again and then ran barrels. My neice, Sam, ran too. Can you believe that I let a 11 year old beat me. We have had this bet, if Sam out ran my time, then I had to take her out on the town. Whatever she wanted to, go out to eat, go to a movie , or just shop. This little contest has really gotten her motivated to ride her horse. Yesterday, I told her not to beat her Auntie to bad and the little stinker had the nerve to tell me to ride my ride. So, last night before she went in, I hollered and told her to ride her ride. She then hollered back while going into the alley that she was. And boy, did she turn the fan on. I have never seen her ride like she did last night. but she did it. She beat my time. It was alright. I wasn't to mad for the look she had when she came out of the alleyway was well worth how much it is going to cost next Friday night. I just hope she doesn't want to go shopping.

3 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

the little stinker huh? ..ha. well..looks like you are gonna have a fun night on the town. sounds like you had a really busy weekend. glad the goats did well at the show.have a great week!

Whitney said...

I would have run a hard race too if I was going to get a night on the town with you!

(Next time you might have to think hard about the bet you make with her. Sounds like she likes a challenge like that!!)

Anonymous said...

Hi laura,
Looks like fun. Thanks for visiting me.I will have another new recipe on Thursday.
Hugs,
Elizabeth