Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Have you heard......

Has anyone of you been listening to the news? I heard today on the radio, the t.v., and in the newspaper that Mississippi led with the most adults being obesity. It said that MS had over 30% of adults that were overweight. Nearly every southern state was listed right up there with the top. Said one of the reasons were because we didn't exercise like other states did. Oh, one reporter stated that we (MS) needed to lay off the gravey and find a gym. Said that we loved our gravey, fried chicken, fried fries, and everything else fried and that was causing our problems. Now, I don't know about the rest of you folks but I'm not eating unless something is fried. I have gotta have my fried foods. It is part of the food pyramid, right? I know that was what my Grammie always said, and my Grammie wouldn't tell a storey. Yup, I have to have fried foods, I have to have fried chicken, fried chicken livers, fried pickles, fried mushrooms, fried squash, fried eggs, fried potatos, fried potatos, fried corn fitters, and so on but the most important thing is fried TWINKIE!!!!!!
Look, us southerns aren't lazy, heck, I wish that reporter would follow me around one day and then lets see who wants a gym. Hauling hay is building muscles, milking, building up the hands, and arms, Look, who needs a gym when you live on a farm. As far as our eating and not getting out there an exercising, baloney. Us Southerns know how to cook. Why just look around. We ain't missing too many meals. Hmmmm. appearently someone knows how to cook.

2 comments:

JANET said...

Same thing over here in Alabama! Too hot to exercise when half of August is over 100 degrees, and the humidity scoots the heat index to 110!

karen said...

My Granma is 95 and been eating fried foods her entire life. Never had any trouble with cholestrol, heart etc. She's a busy farm wife and is busy canning tomatoes as I write this. She makes the best fried potatoes in the world!!!