Sunday, August 26, 2007

PONY PULLING

You have read recently about me talking about my son getting a pair of pulling ponies. Yesterday was his first pulling. The pulling started at 2 and we finished up around 8:30 last night. My dad went and got one of the amish men to make David's harness. It had all the bling bling on it. Everyone commented on how nice they looked. David and Nathan done real good but got shut out on 350. The team that won, won it on that pull and weight. We was real proud of the ponies. I had to use a disposible camera yesterday so the photos won't be to good but maybe you can tell in the pictures what is going on. We also got a much needed rain. It started raining right when the pulling started and lasted on through the night. We could stand some more rain but was blessed with what little we got. I know that my Dad said that he didn't get any at his house which was only about 4 miles from the place where the pulling took place. There was teams there yesterday from Kentucky and Missouri. There will be another pulling next Saturday here in Pontotoc so we are anxious to see how the ponies fair at that one.

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

I hope the ponies do well at the next pulling event. The Amish made harnesses sure look nice.