Thursday, August 23, 2007

This morning at 5:30 the temp was already at 79 degrees. Yup, another hot one. I wonder if my secret is going to be telling secrets today. The heat index is going to reach over 110. Whew, and no relief in sight. I was hoping that with the hurricanes that we would get some rain and cooler temps but no, they went the other way. No rain, and higher temps. I have been cleaning inside today. I am trying to finish my dining room. I have nearly gotten to the point where I'm wanting to pay someone to finish it for me. I started this project nearly 3 years ago and just never gotten around to finishing the job. Got another letter from JB yesterday. He is making it good and said that it was still hot there. I can't wait till I can see him. I had a bad day yesterday, I cried off and on all day. It was one of those days where he was on my mind and heart all day. Boo(DH) asked me what was wrong and I told him I couldn't just put my finger on it but I had JB on my mind and would tear up at the drop of the hat.
Tonight for supper I am fixing 'drunk' chicken, ranch potatos, bake beans and homemade garlic bread, sweet tea and a apple dessert. I take a whole chicken, coat it in olive oil and cajun seasoning. Let sit in refridge for atleast 2 hrs. Start the girll, when grill is ready, take a can of beer, take a couple of swigs, (gotcha on that didn't I) put chicken on can and place on grill. Cook until chicken reaches a temp of atleast 180 or until can of beer is empty. I also take the leftovers and cut up and make chicken salad out of it.

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

oh Laura, I'm so sorry that you had a bad day yesterday. Hope that things are going better now. Your hubby sounds like a real sweety though.
Sounds like you made him a yummy meal too.
Hope the rest of your week goes well.
hugs to ya, Tina