Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It's a raining.......

Ha, gotcha didn't I. No, it wasn't raining, just sweat running off of me. Yes, us southern belles do sweat. Look, just don't let on that I gave it away. Us southern girls tell people that a true southern belle don't sweat they just perspire. Not true, honey , we sweat like hogs. Days like today, you betcha, we are sweating in places that no one is suppose to sweat at. The temp got up to 106 and the heat index was over 110. You couldn't even walk two feet without having to wipe the sweat out of your eyes. The pool was like a hot spa. We didn't do too much here today. Did feed and milk but that was the extent of everything here on the farm. Oh, David is working his ponies tonight. He started at 8:30. I am going to try t post some pictures of them this weekend. I don't have a digital camera but my daughter does and she is coming home tomorrow night and staying all through the weekend. Maybe one day, I can get one of my own. You know how it is with kids , you make sure they have things and the parents do without.

3 comments:

Day4plus said...

Oh Laura thanks so much for the nice 'nice matters' award. I truly appreciate it.
I heard this saying:
Horses sweat Men perspire
and women glow.
I guess at 106 degrees you were surely GLOWING!!.
Kylee got a first at the last games but not in barrels--I think she placed on barrels though. I'll post a picture on my blog soon. Gotta wait til they post them first. Later MB

Kim Campbell said...

Hi, Hon!
Sounds like you'll have a nice week end with the girl there. Mine is 12 hours away. *sigh*

Tina Leavy said...

hey there..I know what ya mean about the "perspirin'"..ha.it's been hot.well..I have been "glowing" alot lately too. ha.