Thursday, August 30, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, SAM

Today is my neice's birthday. She turned 12. Her name is Samantha but I call her Sam. We are very close. This is the rugrat that outran me at the rodeo. Tracey, she is the one who was screa
ming the whole time she was running barrels.So, Sam, this is for you........
I remember the night 12 years ago when Aunt Tea called and told me to get to the hospital. I arrived around 10 that night. I wanted so bad to go into the room and see your Mom but the nurses wouldn't let me. You see, your Mom was very sick and they wanted to keep your Mom quiet and for her to rest as much as possible. So, I had to sit out in the lobby with everybody else and that didn't fair too well with me. As the hours past, I paced, somebody needed to tell me what was going on. It wasn't until early that next morning, when they came out and said that your Mom was pushing. Away down the hall I ran. Guess what, they still wouldn't let me in. That was alright for I got down on my stomach and looked up under the door. Yup, there was a huge crack between the door and the floor. I couldn't see very much but the doctor's and nurses feet. I honestly believe every time your Mom pushed, so did I. I didn't see you come into this world but I heard you. You had my heart strings right then. How could this screaming infant who I haven't laid eyes on, take my heart? When I was finally able to enter the room, I ran to you. I then whispered some sweet love and promises in your little ear. And even sung happy birthday to you. When I look at you, not only are you a part of your Mom and Dad but a part of me. As I have watched you grow up to the beautiful young lady you are, my heart just busts with pride. As I watch you ride and compete with me at rodeo's and barrel races, honey, you do my heart good. As you mouth off to your ole Aunie about needing her to ride her ride, you bust my pocket book but that is okay for your ole Aunie will gladly give it you. So Sam, just remeber that nothing is too big for you to do (you did out run me) , nothing to big that you can't come to your Aunie, nothing is ever out of your reach. So go for it!!!! Just remember you will always be Aunie's pride and joy and I love you very much, rugrat

2 comments: