Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Do you think I care?

Why do some people care what others say or even what kind of comments are left on their blogspot? Today, it seems that you have to go to the right school, drive the newest car, wear the "in" clothes, hang out with the right crowd, talk a certain way, or even go to the right church. It took me a long time to accept who I was and guess what?! I like myself. I'm not going to fall into this category where I have to keep up with the Jones's or go broke trying to look the part. Much less go to a church that thinks you are nothing if you don't attend there. I don't drive the newest car, heck, my car is nearly 10 yrs old, as far as wearing the "in" clothes, hello, this is the one who wore overalls, rubber boots, tank top, and a HUGE hat into the bank and might I add I didn't smell to pretty that day too( been milking for 12 hrs) . I dance to the beat of my own drum. Now, about church, I go to where I feel comfortable and I hear God calling me. I just wonder what this lady is going to do when she gets to heaven and see other people there that didn't go to this one certain church? Take a close look at the picture, be honest, do I honestly look like I care what people think? Heck, you ought to be glad that I even brushed my mop for the picture.lol

8 comments:

Brightmeadowfarms said...

You go, Girl!

Whitney said...

You are too cute!!

Day4plus said...

You are so right. It is what's on the inside that counts. We always have been th po' folk on the hill and ya know I like it that way.
Great picture, by the way. MB

Aunt Jenny said...

Well said!!! I love it!!! You are my kind of people for sure!!!!

Aunt Jenny said...

Well said!!! I love it!!! You are my kind of people for sure!!!!

Tina Leavy said...

LOL you are so cute Laura. I had to laugh out loud.
ya wanna know a secret? I haven't been to church in 7 yrs...almost 8 now.. and I'm so much happier for it too. I told my hubby that I honestly feel closer to God when I'm out puttering in my yard and watching the birds and things than having somebody sitting next to me acting like they have me under their microscope judging my every move and action...and then they wind up living like a hypocrite and telling me I'm wrong?? I don't think so! Or talking bad about other folks and what not. Nope..no way!
I'm happy being me..and I'll tell you..you do not have to ever set foot in a church to have a relationship with God.
And hey girlfriend..I really like you..you are my kinda people too.:0) hugs to ya girlfriend!

Kim Campbell said...

Great photo! And very insightful post. I've never given a hoot about what people think, except maybe my bosses.

I'm so glad we're friends!

Beemoosie said...

YEEEEEHAWWWW!!!!