Thursday, August 2, 2007

We have another goat show Saturday in New Albany and I haven't even begun to get ready for it. I just have to make sure that we have everything that we need loaded up. Here is a list that I always take to shows;
1. the grooming table- this stand holds the goats while we body clipped them, trim their hooves, brush them and get them shinning.
2. clippers
3.brush
4. waterhose and nozzle- have to was those goats and make them look purty
5. hoof trimmers
6.pepto- bismol- in case they get a little upset stomach
7. baby wips- have to clean out their poop pockets, nose, and eyes before they enter the show ring
8.pink oil sheen- we use this on thier hooves
9.bucket- for their water
10. feed
11. hay
12. health papers- very important, have gotten to a local show and forgot them and had to return to pick them up
13.show clothes- jeans, a collared shirt, belt , and boots
14.a first aid kit for us and the goats
15. notebook- to keep up how we place and to make notes of what the judge says to improve in the ring
16. video camera
17. extension cord
18. a fan- in the winter we take a heating lamp
I'm probably forgetting somethings, which I have been known to do

4 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

wow..that's quite an arsenal to have to pack up..along with the goats.

Whitney said...

ooooo...poop pockets....yuck!

Kim Campbell said...

If youread this before tomorrow...GOOD LUCK! I KNOW you'll do awesome, because you are awesome!
I'm doing better. Just trying to "focus" and not let things get to me. What else can I do?!
Love you!!

Patty said...

oh boy, brings back memories ! Good luck and hope you bring home lots of ribbons. I was just remembering all those bits of goat hair stuck to my shirt after clipping, itchy itchy : )