Wednesday, August 8, 2007

It has been hot. The temp today reached well over 100. We are under a heat advisory until next week. The heat index has been 110 and there is no relief in sight. On top of that, we hauled hay last night and then today had to unload it. Talk about it sticking to you. The good note is I have hay to last me through the winter. Which for us is usually for about 6 days. I'm not kidding, we have no winters. Sure the temp may drop but nothing like what some of you may call winter.
JB sent a letter stating for prayers. There are some guys in his platoon that has no families. They recieve nothing come mail time. This has really bothered him. He is very tender hearted. I have requested in the last letter for maybe some names and addys so I can atleast send some encouraging letters to them. I can tell a difference in JB from the letters. I miss him sooooo much. I wonder if he misses me like that?!!!
Tonight I have chicken on the girll , ranch mashed potatos, pinto beans, french bread, hot pepper, and sweet tea for supper.

3 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

hey there,
gracious but it has been hot lately!Nice to hear that you heard from JB.
ooh dinner sounds good.hope you had a good day. hey, glad you got enough hay for the winter.:0) We don't get much of a winter either..but we are near the water..and the winds off the water can be bone chilling though sometimes.
Have a good evening!
hugs to ya friend,
Tina

Aunt Jenny said...

It has been hot here too..but you sure have us beat! We don't have the heat index thing here..is that something to do with humidity??
That is great that you have all your hay in. We are still about 2 tons short and I am sure hoping our hay guy will have another cutting so we can get more!! He hauls it over for me in 2 ton loads.
I am sure looking forward to the cool crisp days of Autumn..bet you are too!!

Kim Campbell said...

Maybe we can all get a letter writing campaign together? What d'ya say girls?