Monday, August 13, 2007

Moma, I have something to show you.........

Why is it, when your child tells you that, you draw up.? What in the world have they done, or what in the world has he got? I can handle anything as long as it is NOT a snake! Been there and done that. So, this afternoon, David comes home and tells me ( well, Lamar, Kasey, and me) to come outside he has something to show us. Ok, he pulled up with the trailer, so I know whatever it is it has to be big. Right? He has bought some pulling ponies. Yup, pulling ponies. One white roan and one blue roan. They are cute, only 4 years old. They reach my waist and I only stand at 5'3. Being the animal lover that I am, my heart was taken. Being broke as I am, my heart broke into along with my pocket book. What in the world am I going to do with a pair of pulling ponies? I told the guys that I was going to ride the blue roan. Lamar just laughed. Me and ponies don't get along. (that is another story, was laid up for a week after the last pony ride) David gets these animals and takes care of them for awhile then he expects Moma to feed, water, doctor and work them. Nope, not this time. I have enough animals that need my attention. No matter how sweet and cute, not another animal. Okay, they have got me. Maybe I will help out every once in awhile. Sorry to say, but the ponies, who by the way are called Jose and Quervo(hmmm..... wonder what the previous owner was drinking at that time), went to Nathan's house for awhile. Just until after the next pulling which is 3 weeks away. AAAGGGHHHHHHH

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

aww they sound cute though. can you maybe enter them into the local parades or here's a thought..why can't you offer small weddings on your property(register to become a notary)..and have a cart made that the bride can ride in to a specified area where you have an archway built on your property...that's a way to make a little extra. I know you'd have to find a nice cart..and build a archway..but that's an idea for you...small country weddings.
hmm...it's an idea. I'm sure some folks would go for.