Sunday, August 19, 2007

what's on the menu tonight

I have made chicken and rice for supper tonight. Here is how I do mine:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast, boiled and shredded
1 can cream of mushroomsoup
1 cup of water
3/4 cup of long grain rice
1/4 tea pepper
1/4 paprike
Mix all together, pour into a 2 qt. baking dish and cover. Bake in 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes.
We have a green salad and homemade french bread with sweet tea. No desserts for tonight for I haven't made anything this weekend.
Today was a little cooler it still was hot but not like it has been.
I went to wal-mart(which I detest) and done my shopping. I found an airplane plant in the garden center for only $2.00. I also bought some remants of fabric for nearly nothing. They weren't very long peices but will do to make yo-yo's out of them.
Not very much going on today but just a restful day getting things in order for the coming week.

2 comments:

Day4plus said...

Yummy, yummy, I'll have to try that for the group here.
Kylee did ok on saturday but the games were rained out on Sunday. She won some money in the jackpot so of course spent it at the farm store on new reins and a new shirt. (All on sale she said) Her mom didn't do so well but she is starting a new horse so she said the horse did well.
Fall is here--raining and chilly. September here is usually nice though. MB

Tina Leavy said...

I make my chicken and rice nearly the same way..except I use cream of chicken soup and no paprika.
ya know I haven't been to Walmart in ages! Last time I went they wre moving everything around and I got so flustered..define that as "lost" in the store..I was totally turned around in there and didn't know where to find anything..the store was a disaster! I just told my daughter..help me find my way out of here..I will get my stuff somewhere else!..and I did..now she asks me to take her by there and I'm always very reluctant to..in fact since my "getting lost/fuddled" episode..we haven't been back...ha.
and to think..I used to work for them years ago..but that was back when Sam W. still ownned it. He actually was a nice man. It has really changed alot since he ran the place.
ahh well..nuff bout that..ha.