Saturday, May 19, 2007

Emily and I got up early this morning adn went to the farmers market. Just to see what was available. I notice that no one was there selling fresh baked goods. I talked to Emily and we are going to check into about setting up on Saturday mornings and trying to sell some homemade baked goods. Any extra money that is coming in will be welcome for I have been layed off again. The furniture industry doesn't look good right now. I know that several plants have closed their doors or laying off. It makes it hard on this little town for that is all that is here is furniture. I love my job and sometimes I make good money. The Toyota factory is coming here but it will be 3 years before the plant is up and going. Hello, we will be broke and nearly straved to death before it gets here. This town will be a ghost town if something doesn't change.
Lamar, Emily and I are going camping tonight. Yes, we sleep in a tent with no running water and electricty. We do have laterns though. I have cut out several yo-yos and us girls are going to work on them while Lamar runs trout lines and fish. On the menu tonight is: hobo dinners, potato salad, and bread. In the morning we will have honey buns and for lunch will be sandwiches.
Jon Brandon is riding bulls tonight in Sentatobi, MS. I would have liked to go and watched him but money is a big issue tonight. Also, I would have liked to had the money to run barrels. Just say a prayer that he will have a safe and winning ride.
I worry about him when I'm not there but the guys he runs with know to call when something has happened. They are scared of me. Now, that's funny for I'm 5'3" and weigh in at 115. They say that I'm meanier than one of them. They just like to give me a hard time.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I hope the market works out for you, Laura. Some of them can be quite lucrative.

So...you're onrier than a bull rider? Good for you! Hope JB had a good ride, and ever so sorry you weren't able to go along. I hate when money is tight (having that same problem here right now...and I don't wanna go back to work...whine, whine.)