Thursday, May 24, 2007

You Are A Soldier
You are a soldier, in the burning sand
Fighting for freedom in a foreign land
You are a soldier,strong,brave and true
And I want you to know that I'm praying for you
You are a soldier, fighting the fight
While I am here sleeping in my warm bed at night
I don't know your name, and you don't know me
but, thank you, thank you for keeping us free
You are a soldier, facing such strife
And for our country, you are risking your life
You are a soldier, far away you roam
From the ones who loves you back here at home
You are a soldier, we miss you so
May God be with you, wherever you go
I pray for the day that this war will end
And you are back with us, safe once again.

1 comment:

~~Mikki Jo said...

What a pretty poem. Very special. It's sad so many young men have died over there.