Monday, May 21, 2007

I posted the picture that was in our local paper about John. His body arrived back in Pontotoc about 30 minutes ago. We went down to the end of my road and Emily and her cousin held the flag up when he came by. There was people lined up for about 2 miles on both sides of the road. There was flags stuck up everwhere. I was making it fine until his body came by me and then I broke down. It's hard to believe that John was in there. When his family came by my heart really broke. I couldn't help but think,"will I go through the same thing with Jon Brandon?" I have always had respect for the flag and the military but with JB being in service , it really holds new meanings to me. I can't imagine how hard it is to bury a child. My Mom buried a child (I have an older sister) and she said that was unnatural, and the hardest thing to do. A person knows they will bury their parents but a child is different.
I didn't want my Mom to see me cry today but I notice she had tears on her face as well. Was she wondering the same thing I was?
I'm proud of JB but this is one time when I can't step between him and danger. I know that I'm suppose to let him grow up but it doesn't matter how old he gets he will always be my chld.
People had placed flags out marking the way to the furnal home and there was some kids stealing them today. I know they were taking to the jail and I hope there will be charges. Makes one wonder what kind of raising these kids have had. I know they havn't had to much of a raising for any body knows that was wrong.

No comments: