Thursday, May 10, 2007

Today has started off pretty d@#$ bad way. Over slept for one, was late feeding the critters. Flossie Mae was cutting up waiting on her bottle, Dass and D.J., the barrel horses, was stomping in their stalls waiting, and I was still trying to have that first cup of coffee when I headed to the barn. Then my cuz called and was going out of town to pick up parts for her husband , so I rode with her so she wouldn't go by herself. Made it fine going, but coming back, ha, that was a totally different story. We was 100 miles from home, and ran into not one but two bad storms. When we got about 40 miles from home, we ran into a horrible storm. It was hailing , wind blowing, rain was coming down so hard we couldn't see where we was at. Then the sky looked very funny. We looked out the window to our left and lord, there was clouds in rotation. I yelled for Audra to just go. I was scared out of my pants. Now remember, I have done rode one tornado in 2001 and didn't care about riding another. Audra was pretty shaken up too. We made it back home and seeing all those mad, hungry critters made me smile. We are having heavy rain right now with some thunder, which is going to make feeding time pretty interesting. Oh well, guess it's time to pull out those ugly rubber boots. They are green and looks like big frogs on them. They are my daughter's but I took them over for she isn't here long enough to do the dirty work. She thinks all she has to do is show and that is that. So, I get stuck, mucking out stalls, cleaning the tack room and all the tack, doing all the riding, or breaking the goats to lead, clipping the animals for showing, and she gets to look like a queen. Not complaining, for its my fault , I have made her that way for she is the baby. So, I guess it's off to the barn, and to see how much mud I can get on me. Thank God, I'm a Country Girl.

No comments: