Thursday, May 24, 2007


This is Ginger and her lil ones, Shelby and Wheezer. Yeah, their names came from the movie"Steel Magnolias". Ginger is a Nubian, I bred her to my boar billy . Shelby and Wheezer are for the show ring. When you cross breed and nubian and boar you end up with some nice meat goats. Don't worry, the girls won't be used for meat just for breeding again this fall. Ginger is the one who knocked on the door one day and David opened the door and she came right on in. Why not? Everything else has been brought into the house by the kids.
Ginger gives about 2 pints of milk a day. I have already dehorned the lil ones. I plan on moving them into a pen by theirselves in a couple of days so I can get them completely weaned. I could sit for hours and watch them play. They are so adorable. Each one has their own personality. They live up to their names. Wheezer is the drama queen and when they were born, Shelby was the one who really had to be nursed on. I don't know why I give them human names, they get so close to my heart when I do that. Already have names picked out for the other little ones that are to born here soon. No more human names, it will be weird names, something that has to do with food. That way, I won't get to close to them. Yeah, right. We will see, won't we.
Have a good one.

2 comments:

Beemoosie said...

What sweet babies!

Tina Leavy said...

they sure look cute. what fun.