Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I am off this week. Don't know if that is good or bad. I have been real busy with the rodeos and NBHA. My lil nanny had 2 babies , and they are doing great. Shelby is the loveable one while Wheezer is the drama queen. I also have a calf, that I'm bottle feeding, her name is Flossie Mae. She is just adorable, until she butts you wanting her bottle.
I will be able to stay at home this weekend, last weekend, I was at Pontotoc, then left after that race and went to Bolivar, TN to a rodeo. Jon Brandon drew a bad bull , he only lasted for about 3 seconds. Was glad when his ride was over with. Next weekend, we both are going to Athens, AL. It seems that we are always rushing around and when the weekend is up, we need a couple of days to regroup.
I had surgery the other week on my ear. I had some skin cancer but the doctor told me that he got everything. I have about 2cm missing off my ear. Was afraid that there was going to be more than that. DH says it looks like I was shot with a 22. You can better believe that I will be wearing a huge hat from now on. I was really shook up for a while. It wasn't that it was skin cancer but I didn't know how much of my ear I was going to lose.
David, my 18 yr old, got kicked in the head by a cow, and now he is doing fine. Was really worried about him for awhile. His eyes was closed shut for a couple of days. Then JB busted his chin when he went face down on the bull. I think I said some BAD words on the tape. It has been like a 3 ring circus around here.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

So glad to hear the Doctor got all the cancer. I grew up around horses, but never learned to ride. Was scared of them. Strange huh? Take care and I bookmarked you.

Sincerely,
Andrew

Tracey said...

Hey there, my friend! Good to see you back in the blogging saddle...well, at least I hope so! Is the computer doing better?

Sounds like you've had quite the drama there. Keep those kids of your's in helmets while they're playing cowboy, will ya?

Unknown said...

I go in for surgery in July for some skin cancer on my face. Funny thing, is that the wound that was affected with the cancer actually came from a gunshot. So for me I will be losing something that looks like I was shot with a 22

2 LMZ FARMS said...

seanm, I hope and pray that everything will go good for you. I will be thinking of you during this time. Cancer is a scarey thing, but, I had cancer it did not have a hold on me. Thankful, I'm a survivor. I hope the same for you. Keep me updated please.
Laura