Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I went to the furnal home to give my respects to John's family. As I stood in line, I couldn't help but wonder what the family was feeling. Were they upset with the government for allowing this war to continue? How many more young men must loose their lives for this? How will they continue on with their lives after dealing with this tradegy? I also wondered how would I react if I was in their shoes. What if that was my son? I also thought back to our forfathers who have fought in war and lost their lives for our freedoms. I thought of my great uncle who was a P.O.W. All the horrible things he went through. As I sit here on my computer, I'm very proud of those who have fought and still fighting today for my freedom. I don't want JB to go war but I'm very proud of him to choose this path to fight for our freedom and those to come. I'm proud of my Dad who also fought for my freedom, my brother-in-law, my Granddad, and all those other family members who have been in war. I ask of you who reads this , to find someone who has or is fighting for your freedom please extend your thanks. Let that person know. As I was talking to Jill,(John's Mom) she told me we belonged to the same club, Military Mom. I couldn't help but walk out the furnal home with my head held up higher. So, to JB, you go son, God speed, and know that your Momma is here with her flag waving and on her knees praying for your safe return.It's a honor having you as a son. You are my heart and soul, my first born, please return home safely to me, so that I can hold you in my arms once more and see your beautiful smile and hear your funny laugh. Yes, I know , I stil have a month with you but as the times gets closer , my heart breaks that much more.
To those of you who read this, say a prayer for this solider for his safety and give thanks for him fighting for your freedom and all those before him and those who are there now.

No comments: