Tuesday, May 22, 2007


This is Flossie Mae. she is about 3 wks old. My son, David, got her from the man he works for,it seems that her mom died and David got her. He came home with her late one night and told he had a bull calf that needed to be bottle feed. So, we feed the calf and it wasn't until the next day, that we found out he was a she. We have had some good laughs about the "bull calf". I named her Flossie Mae. She is a sweetheart. She has started trying to eat some grain. So, I am hoping here soon I can move her out of the goat pen and put her in the pasture. It's a hoot watching her play with the goats. She chases the goats then they turn around and chases her. I believe my cousin's son who is 4 is going to show her this summer in the under 8 showman class. I have been trying to get David to show her but he won't do it. He only wants to show goats. I'm not going to push him into showing her, heck, I'm doing good just to get him to show goats.

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

ahh Flossie is so cute! I used to have to help bottle feed the calves when I was a girl.
It was fun.
They sure are cute to watch when they kick up their heels and run around.
Have taken a little peek at your blog..enjoy reading it.
So sorry to read about that yound man named John..so young..and such a shame.
Anyhow..thanks for visiting my blog too.
hugs, ~Tina