Tuesday, May 22, 2007


This nanny belongs to a friend on mine. She had a lil one born but the baby died. So my friend called me and asked if I would take her and milk her. I milked her last night and gave the milk to the cats. I will do that for a couple of days before I start using the milk. She doesn't really have a name but I call her Lady. She is very loveable and very gently. I trimmed her hooves yesterday for they were in bad shape. I will trim some more in a couple of days. I was scared about doing to much the first time. I didn't want her to be tenderfooted. I also dipped her feet before I put her in the pen for I didn't want her bringing anything in to my other goats.
The other nanny, Ginger, was jealous of her for she felt like Lady was getting all the attention. Funny, how goats can do.

No comments: