Friday, May 25, 2007

I have been trying to find a supplier for milking pails and strainers for the goats. I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. Oh, well, will keep looking. I got up this morning and went and milk, Lady, I have been freezing her milk for in case we have some newborns that the momma won't take. I have asked some of the gals on the Mary Jane Forum for some help. Maybe I will find my answers.
I washed 2 loads of clothes, hung them out, made 2 loafs of bread, hoed out the garden, swept the back porch and washed the front porch off. OH, then had to take Em over to my Aunt's to stay the afternoon with her daughter, who is the same age of Em.
Now, I'm trying to find something to fix for supper. With me being laid off , it has put me in a strain for money. I have to be careful with the money for it has to last me for 3 wks until the next paycheck. I go back to work Tuesday but who knows, we will probably be laid off the week after that. Atleast my unemployment will be started then.
Somedays, I feel like I'm drowning. Like noone else is in the same boat with me. I have it worse than others. I know that's not right but when you get down, that's the way you feel.
I go back and read the Bible and what helps me is the verse , where God tells that man shall live by the sweat on his brow. Man, The way I have been sweating, I will make it. Also, for us not to worry about tomorrow, just worry about today.
Sometimes, I wish, I could quote verses out of the Bible. I can tell you close to where it is but it takes time for me to find it. It seems like I need to read my Bible more,huh?.
God has been good to me. I have a home , A loving husband, SUPER GREAT kids, and I survived skin cancer. I'm thankful for what I have even though sometimes I complaining because I would like more. I know that as long as I trust him, I will be ok.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love looking at your farm.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Tracey said...

Uhg...I'm horrible at knowing where the verses are, too, Laura.

I bought a simple stainles pail, goat sized, from the local farm supply store. She had to order it for me.

Day4plus said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. boy I know it is hard being laid off, hopefully the unemployment will kick in soon. Just to let you know---My daughter, Jolene was in the army and 2 yrs ago was ordered to Iraq. She was in the chem. corps. For whatever reason just before they were sent the order was recinded. Thank goodness. She got out last year but really liked being in the Army. I think she liked the structure it gave her. My heart breaks everyday and we must never forget. Thanks for listening. MB

Whitney said...

You should check out my entry on "my successes" here: http://whitneysspot.blogspot.com/2007/05/my-successes.html

There are days I feel the same way as you!!

Tina Leavy said...

hugs to you Laura..it will get better. keep trusting.and hey..even if you don't know exactly where the verses are..at least you can say you believe the Author.:0)