Monday, May 28, 2007


This is Jon Brandon and his girl-friend. You have heard me talk about him from his bull riding to serving his country. Since this is Memorial Day, I have been thinking about what short time I have left with him. I have had one of those days where everytime I think of the date he leaves, I tear up. Where did the days go? Where has my little rug rat gone? Why doesn't he have time for him Momma anymore? I have set here and thought about from the time he was born, his first day at school, his first date, his first driving ticket, the day he joined, and his first bull ride. My, how time flies. It seems now, there is someone else who shares his life now. Am I jealous? Yes, but I really care for Abbye. I couldn't have picked noone better for him. I know that she cares for him and will try to her best to make sure he is happy. I know there is someone else I have to share him with other than Abbye, and that is America. I see now, I will fall behind her(America) for she is his first and major concern. Am I jealous? No, just proud. Okay, so I am jealous. Why is he doing this? Why can't it be someother person's child? I look at the pictures of the young men and ladies that are serving this country and I think, that is someone's son and daughter. Is that parent feeling the same feelings that I am? Are the scared out of their wits wondering if their child is coming home safe to them? To the parents of service men and women, you have my most regard. To have the strength to share you child for the love of this country. I want you to know, that I'm right there among you on bowed knees thanking God for people like you and your kids and praying for their safe return and for this war to be over with. Just one question for you to ponder on, why isn't the politicans kids not over there fighting?

1 comment:

Whitney said...

He will be in my prayers!! I hope for him a short and very safe duty overseas!!

You are so brave and strong to give your son away to serve our country. We DO only have our children only a short while but you seem to have done well with him and he is quite a handsome young man!!