Tuesday, June 26, 2007

As I sat here at my computer this morning checking out my friends blogs. I couldn't help but think of what I had read on a friends post. "Count your Blessings" I really need to read that post for I had gotten to where I wasn't counting my blessings, I was counting the things that I didn't have. We also sung that hymn in church Sunday. So for this morning, I will count some of my blessings:
My heavenly Father: who died for MY sins
My parents: who raised me to be the person that I am today
My husband: for showing me what true love was like and showing me what a marriage was suppose to be
My sisters: for being my closest and dearest friends
My kids: Tessa, Brian, Kasey, Jon Brandon, David, and Emily
My friends that I have meet through cyper space: each on you has blessed me in so many different ways, Never did I think I could say that I have friends scattered from here to yonder and to know that you are there for me and praying for me and I do the same for each and every one of you.
Losing my Job: yes, there is a blessing in that. I have time to try to make a go here at the farm and spend time with kids.
Skin Cancer: for showing me that I was not untouchable and for making me to see life different.
The touch of my husbands hands: when he holds my hands I trully feel love and safe.
When my kids call out Momma: oh there isn't any other sweeter words for a child to speak other than Momma
Mainly just life itself. Yes, life can be hard and cruel. Each day is a blessing in itself. Each day brings new hope and trails and errors. We learn by doing and correcting our mistakes. We have the chance to make the best of each and every day. Some days I would just sit and cry and think what now. But the Bible tells do not worry about tommorrow for that day isn't promised to us. Live for the day and that is what I am trying to do. With God's guidance and grace I will.

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, Laura!

Tina Leavy said...

yes, so true..lots of blessing we each have if we just take the time to look around. may you have a lovely day.hugs to ya.

Anonymous said...

Wow, praying that you have success with your endevours. You have a beautiful home!