Thursday, June 14, 2007

I know that you are wondering if I have my CDL why aren't I on the road driving. Well, I tried that and my body can't keep up with that hard haul. I have pulled my share over the road being gone for 3 to 7 days at a time. It's hard on a body. Now, if you were double teaming, it's okay but single, nope not for me. I have tried to get a job just driving local. You got to have 2 yrs experience. Here is where it all comes from, how in the devil am I going to get experience if no one will give me the chance to get experience. A lot of place will not hire female drivers driving solo. Stupid, if you ask me. A woman will make sure the job is done and done right. Who else do you know that can run a household, raise kids, make sure the refridge is always stocked with food, clean clothes, run errands, doctor when someone is sick, break up fights, and do this when they have less than 4 hrs sleep. A man? HA. A WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I say, I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR. Oh, well, wish me luck tomorrow and pray that I will get hired. I know that as for tractor driving, I have got plenty experience doing that. I know I can out drive a man, heck, as far as that go, I can out spit any man!!!!!!!! Been there , done that. lol

3 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

since you are a good driver, why don't you advertise in the local paper to haul items for folks? like a hauling service? or you could advertise to run errands for the elderly..or do a shopping service/errand runner for shut ins? ..just a thought.

Day4plus said...

Well you go for it. Lot of women truck drivers out here. I know you can do it. GO GO GO!!
MB

Tina Leavy said...

hey Laura, hope things are going well for you this week.
hey, come visit me at my blog:0) miss ya chiming in..plus there's a little drawing that I'm having.:0)
have a great week.~Tina