Monday, June 25, 2007

Emily came home Saturday. What did she do? Sleep the whole day. She had a race earlier that morning and was competely whipped when she got to my house. I just let her sleep and watched her and thought back to earlier days. She is growing up on me. She woke up just in time for feeding and milking and came out to help her poor ole ma. Sunday morning we got up and went to church. We have church at 8:30 in the mornings and then by the time we got out , we had enough time to get home and change and go to Lamar's family reunion. We left there and was home by 2. What did Ms.Em do? Sleep. My dad was gone the weekend of Father's Day. So we all gathered at Mom's last night and ate supper and gave Dad his Father's day gifts. We all had alot fun. us 3 girls really had it going on last night. We now how to entertain and have fun when we 3 get together.
I woke up to a beautiful day this morning. It was already 80 at 6:30 a.m. Oh the joys of living in the South. I have plenty of washing to do and weeding in the garden but the air feels so good. I plan on going to the Amish later on this morning with Mom. One of her good friends who is Amish is expecting a baby and she has a lot of health problems. So Mom wants to check in on her. Susan is a young and very pretty lady. She is very friendly and always has some pretty mud rugs hanging on her porch. Her husband works for my family at the sawmill. I wish I could take some photos of there place to show you all but photos aren't allowed. I know some people will take them but I respect their religion so I don't even ask.
I hope you all have a great day and try to stay cool.

3 comments:

Patty said...

they may not mind taking pictures of their place, just not of them.
We have so many amish friends and no one seems to care about having someone take pictures of their homes, just ask first.
Steven our son lived with the amish for a long time and we have lots of pictures of the family he stayed with.

Whitney said...

Studies show that teenagers need a lot of sleep because of their ever changing bodies. The studies say that teenagers need as much sleep as a baby 1 year old. It is something like 12-14 hours sleep a day! So you can get mad that they sleep too much or you can get mad that they are sleeping too much because they are growing up too fast. Unfortunately we can't stop growing. I told my 8 year old that we were going to skip his birthday this year because I didn't want him to grow up and he told me that we could skip his birthday but he would still grow. Smart little bug.

I love the Amish simplicity. I know they work hard on their farms and in their homes but I find their way of life fascinating. Just simple. I have toyed with the idea of getting rid of our TV but it doesn't seem to fly with the rest of the family.

I am reading a new book right now. "See you in a Hundred Years" by Logan Ward. It is a true account of a family who gave up all modern conveniences for a year to get back to the earth and simpler things. Another great book is "Switched Off" (can't remember the author) but along the same premise as Ward's book. One thing that people commonly say is that they don't necessarily miss most of the modern conveniences.

Tina Leavy said...

so nice that you live near Amish folks,glad that you had a great time with your sisters.