Friday, June 29, 2007

I know that earlier I had posted that I would write about goats but things around here has been busy. Plus, I'm working on something, will tell you later about this. Something sorta secret, right Tina.? We have only 3 weeks till show season starts with the goats. That means alot of work going on right now. I did put one of the goats on the tread mill. It's going to take time for them to get use to it. I also have a barrel race coming up tomorrow. I have never rode in this arena so it will be something new to me and Dass. I have alot on my scedule for today. I need to purchase feed, buy groceries, wash Dass, clipp goats, wash buckets, oil saddle and rest of tack, clean tack room, start packing for tomorrow and buy Boo(hubby) an anniversary gift. I'm stuck on that one. I think a new tackle box and a new rodand reel will probably do. He will be off all next week so I believe for a couple of days we will be going to the waterway and take the ski boat and play. I plan on asking a friend of mine if they will house sit for me and take care of the livestock with the feeding and milking. I feel like they will be glad to.
Today has started out being a hot one. Woke up this morning to 80 outside. I really need to clean the pool. Can you believe I haven't even been in the pool yet? I guess after the deal with my ear, I haven't had much desire to soak up any rays. Plus, I dread trying to get into a bathing suit. lol
Gotta get busy or the day will be behind me before I know it.
Laura

3 comments:

Day4plus said...

Hi Laura, boy you are so busy with all that is on your plate.
I posted some pics of Kylee and her rides on MJF forum. Like I said befor she has Darrington this week-end and Sedro-Woolley rodeo on the 4th of July. Also new arenas to her. Funny thing she had a barrel race last night close by so she took my old horse, Ambush and turned a 14 for fast time in the arena. Now she wants to use her instead of Jewel. I think it is pretty funny. Ambush is an old gaming girl but been retired for awhile and I haven't been riding her much so she is OUT of shape--but she sure remembers. Take care and have a good one. MB

Tina Leavy said...

Hey there..I hope the barrel race goes well for you.
yep..a tackle box and fishing pole sound great. :0)
hope you have a good weekend.

Tracey said...

Something sorta secret for Tina...gee, now, I wonder what that might be? Guess I'll have to stay tuned to Small Town Living, eh? :)