Thursday, June 7, 2007

Well, the plant is closed until July 9. Atleast that is what they told us the date was as of right now, it could be longer. I cried, and cried and then cried some more but it didn't help. It just mad my eyes red and swollen, my nose run and my face turn red. So, I did just what any farmgirl would do, I reached down and grabbed ahold of my boot straps and pulled myself up. I know the Lord is thinking, you wanted to start this and that, so I gave you the opportunity and now you are crying because of it. He's probabley thinking that he can't please me. So, no more whinning , I'm grateful that my unemployment is going to kick in. It may mean I have to lay off of running barrels on the weekend, cutting off the cell phone, quit handing money out to the kids like I was a bank, not riding the roads to make a run for this and that. Just do my errand running one day of the week. Heck, I can even pump up the tires on the bicycle and peddle to town. It's not like I live far from town. I'm exactly 1 1/2 miles from the court square. We don't eat out alot so I can't cut that expense for there isn't one. Some bills may get paid and some might just get half but as my grandmother use to say," you can't get blood from a turnip." I will get them paid it just may take me twice as long now. I can get my house in order and myself. I guess I had rather be off in the summer time than in the winter. I will have more time to spend with my goats and showing season is fixing to be upon me, so maybe I can spend extra time on them and the results will pay off in the ring. Who knows. There is a world out there and I'm going to explore it, if it means peddling my little legs off. Hey, I might actually get some legs instead of ropes with knotts in the middle. A girl can dream, can't she. The endless possiblitlies and work that lies ahead for me. Let's just hope my DH is okay with this. He might see it as more pressure and payload on him. I have always paid for my half and the kids. Who knows, he might enjoy me being at home for awhile. Then again, he might be able to find me a paying job. haha
So, enough of the pity roll and onto new things.
Will post tomorrow about goats, I know you all are waiting for that

4 comments:

Tracey said...

I'll be praying for you, Laura! God's not wondering why you're whining...he knew you would :) But I do think he's given you a wonderful opportunity; it can just be scary at first, that's all!

Tina Leavy said...

hey Laura, sorry to hear about the job situation. keep your chin up. hope all goes well for you and improves soon. hugs to you friend.

Patty said...

Sometimes we have no idea what good things can come from what we see as less than ideal circumstances. In my 52 years I have seen silver lining after silver lining in difficult situations. Hang in there, hang on to Jer 29:11, its a good promisse.

Whitney said...

I few years ago my husband and I found ourselves unemployeed at the same time. With three very little kids it was a bit scary. We did find that because we had time on our hands we were able to clean out some closets we hadn't looked in and we had a yard sale. We ended up having a bunch of yard sales and we earned enough money at each yard sale to make ends meet. One sale we made enough to pay our car payment, another our house payment (no we didn't sell the car at that one, you silly girl!). Use the time to work on your farm, grow some additional veggies to can for winter, and clean out some closets and have a yard sale!! If no one will come to your house look for a flea market you can set up at or a church in a more high traffic area. My thoughts are with you but sometimes the unknown is worse than the reality!! You will do fine.