Saturday, June 2, 2007


If you remember in my earlier post, I told about us going camping. I don't have a digital camera,yet, I'm working on saving the money to get one. Here is a picture of our tent. When we go camping, it's not staying in a rv or a motel room. It's roughing it . We have a place on the river, there is a place to have power but it's not hooked up. I love going there. It is so peaceful. I love getting up early in the morning, listening to the birds, whatching the boats go up and down the river, but most of all just sitting and listening to God. We take laterns, carry jugs of water and cook all our meals over a campfire. It really humbles one getting back to nature. You have the pleasure of sitting and recall alot of memories, makes some new memories, but most of all , just find yourself. Even though, I live in the country, going to our special place camping, you really have the outdoors right there. Watching the deer come right up to the camp site, hearing the bullfrogs, watching the lighting bugs, counting the stars, catching fish right outside your tent, one really has the time to get back in connection with God. I really enjoy being outdoors, camping, and just sitting and watch time pass by. It is also time to catch up with your kids. Find out what they are up to. There's no tv, phone, p.c., or any else to interupt you. They have nothing to do but talk. When we went to leave Sunday afternoon, Emily told me she really enjoyed our time together.
I'm going to take the weekend off from posting about goats will start back Monday. Want to connect with your child, take them camping, leave all gadgets at home and just talk to them, spend time with them. I promise, when you leave, everything will look better and different. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

looks like a nice serene place. looks fun.glad you had a good time.