Wednesday, June 20, 2007



Hanging above this picture at Mom and Dad's is a sign that says,"ALL BECAUSE TWO PEOPLE FELL IN LOVE". I bet 47 years ago, when they started out they didn't picture this wacky family.lol My parents have had their shares of ups and downs but in the end they pulled through it and grew stronger. I look at my own life, I have one failed marriage, Jennifer, is divorced and remarried, and T-Rea, is divorced. I often wondered what happend to death do we part thing in marriage. I stayed in a marriage that I knew was going to end in divorce I just didn't know when. I'm thankful for the husband that I have now. I trully have a marriage. I know Jennifer says the same thing. T-Rea says one time was enough for her. I hate that my kids had to g through the divorce. It was hard on all of us. I wonder what kind of life my kids will have when they get grown. If I could, could I pick out the perfect mate for my kids? I just pray that God will send them their soul mate who is a very fine Christian. Jon Brandon is sort-of- engaged to a wonderful girl. Personally, I couldn't have picked anyone any better. David says he isn't into dating. Emily, welllll....., she is starting to notice the boys. It's all in God's hands. I 'm just going have to learn to let him handle things and quite trying to do them myself. That goes for everything in my life. I lay things down at his feet and later on, I find myself jerking them back and trying to solve them. I have wanted to have just a simple life and have time to do this and that. Well... here is my perfect time too and what do I do. I whine. I complain, I have pity parties. No, I didn't get the job but that's okay. It was long hours and I just feel like I need to be at home right now. Yes, my feelings was hurt. Gotta go, just got a call from a friend and he is having labor problems with a goat.

4 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

hey, Laura..yes we just have to let go sometimes and trust that truly God does have our best interests at heart..and that includes who our children will meet and marry...and everything in between. That doesn't always mean that the road we have to travel will be smooth all the time..but that's how character is built, and character is something that is to be treasured.
Hope you are having a good day. I would like for you to email me if you would, have a little question to ask you . Thanks, Tina

Day4plus said...

What a good looking family. I've been married to the same old guy for about 9000 years but I have 1 never married, 1 married with 2 little ones and 2 are divorced---so ya just never know.

It would be fun to have a pal to rodeo with. Kylee and her mom (my daughter Shannon) used to go Penning and Shannon has alwys run barrels. But now the focus is on Barrels and for Kylee JR rodeo and she wants to do steer daubing.
You take care too. MB

Whitney said...

You have a beautiful family. Sometimes we don't get it right when it comes to choosing a mate. We learn from our mistakes and usually didn't listen when our parents said they weren't right for us. We can only hope that we have taught our children to take things slow, tread carefully, thoughtfully, and be slow in making decisions. Hopefully they have learned from our mistakes that they have seen us make but mostly we hope that they are resiliant enough to pull through any adversity they find themselves in. Any yes, we have to let God work his magic. If we get in the way of God's work we only screw things up.
I am sorry that you didn't get the job but obviously there is something better coming down the road for you. Be patient...

Kim Campbell said...

I received that same sign for a wedding present! We have more and more in common. I too am divorced. (My parents are, also, You are lucky your's aren't). This one is truely my soul mate.
XO