Friday, June 1, 2007

I was off work today but the good news is I will work next week. I know we have a 3 day schedule. So that will help alot. I got up this morning after having a restless night and some of my farmgirl friends from MJF have been on my mind. I got me a cup of coffee and just sat in the chair and thought of them. I just prayed that God will lift them up and give them the strength to carry on. After Lamar went to work, I got up and went feed the critters. I also milked Lady who gave me a quart and half of milk. Had enough time to come in and shower before going and helping my cousin clean one of the houses that she cleans every week. Came home and just been lazy the rest of the afternoon. I went out and feed again this afternoon and milked. I was surprised that Lady gave as much milk this afternoon as this morning. I called my cousin's vet office and told Melissa to let people know that I had goats milk if someone had an orphan animal they were bottle feeding. I also called the 4-H office and told them to put the word out. I can't sell goats milk for human consumpation but I can sell it for animal what they do with it when they get home is their business. I washed out all the feed buckets and water buckets. I try to do that every other day since it has got hot. During the winter I do it once a week.
One of my friends that I run barrels with , her son was in a bad wreck the other day. I just found out about it and called and checked on them. My nephew, who is on the rescue squad, said it was a miracle that he wasn't killed. Michelle said that he was sore but nothing was broke and that God was merciful to them for her son not getting hurt or killed in the wreck. We chatted for awhile and found out she is running at the rodeo this weekend. I told her I wasn't going to be able to go and to take care of Jon Brandon. She said she would. In the rodeo circuit , everyone is family. I feel better when I know someone is there in case JB gets hurt. You would think in the rodeo circuit it would be cut throat. But it's not, I have seen cases where your competor will come to your rescue and help you when you need it. Give you pointers and then be there to hollar and yell for you. It is such a postive atmosphere. We always gather together before competeing and pray. Have started posting about goats. Hopefully my experience will help someone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
It is nice to have a day off. I have enjoyed your friendship.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Day4plus said...

Hi Laura, I know what you mean by rodeo being family friendly. while we didn't rodeo my kids did and still run barrels and one does Penning and sorting and everyone helps each other and then whoops and hollars when they are running. It does make you feel good. Take care now, Marybeth

Kim Campbell said...

Don't you love those quizzes?! I had to laugh at your e-mail about Mississippi....I do stuff like that all the time. I call them my "blond moments". I am allowed, as I am a blond!

Tina Leavy said...

used to attend the rodeo in Arcadia, FL it was heaps of fun to watch.hope you are having a good day.