Thursday, June 14, 2007

As some of you may know, MS is getting a new Toyota plant right here where I live. Last night DH told me about a man that got hired on to drive a tractor during the construction. As we talked DH told me I needed to check this out. For I have my CDL and have been driving a tractor or 18 wheeler all my life. So, I get up this morning and head out to the job site. Couldn't find a sole. Called DH on the phone and told him that the man must have lied for there wasn't any trailer or anywhere to fill out for a job. Well, I drive around a bit just looking at the site and when I get back to the gate there is this car. I get out and asked the man where do you go to find out about working for this construction site. Come to find out it is the man at Toyota that I'm talking to. He gives me this number and an address where I need to go and fill out for the job. If you are non union they pay $20 something an hour if you are union they pay $40 an hour. He then tells that in order to work for the plant here , you have to be union. If you work for this construction crew, you will get a job at the plant. I'm thinking, HELLO, is he giving me the directions that I need to go to get my foot in the door. Is he for real, is he really trying to tell me how to get a job with this site. For no one knows that you have to go about 2 hrs from here to get the job with the construction crew. He then gives me a card with his name on it and says go to this address and fill out for the job. Now, why did he give me a card with his name on it? Is he saying something like since I sent you here, show them my card and this will help? What can it hurt. All they can say is yes or no. Right? So, I'm pulling out at 6;30 in the morning heading out to see if I can get a job.

2 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

best of wishes on the job. that's pretty good $. hope you find out something about it.

Whitney said...

Woohoo!! Let us all know how it goes. Sounds like you got great inside info!! Use it baby use it!!