Friday, June 22, 2007

I thought that I would get the rest of the rooms done today. It ended up taking me all day here in the den. I had so many boxes to go through which had craft things in it. Found new homes, really the hall closet, for those things, and the book shelves is what took so long. I took all the things off and washed them , then oil the bookcase down.
I took the bread over to my neighbors house whose Mom had passed away the other weekend. One of her daughters and I are real good friends. I also carried something to the daughter, Regina. As I was talking to Regina's Mom, she informed me that we was cousins. Now, ain't that a small world. Been living here for a while , Regina and me friends, and come to find out we are family. I had a nice visit with her and on my way out the driveway, I thought, it was sad that I lived to fast for me not to get to know my neighbors.
My sister T-Rea wanted me to do some banking for her today for she wasn't going to be able to get off work until later tonight. I ran by the grocery store and picked up some chicken for supper. The price that was on it shocked me. I paid $5 for a whole chicken. It was the runt of the ones to choose from. I usually buy my chickens from a couple that has organic chickens and farm. I'm doing 'drunk chicken' , french green beans, Paula Deens's Loaded Baked Potato Salad with garlic bread. I have the chicken on the grill and have the other fixings going.
Lamar is going to work in the pasture for a tree has fallen and he is going to cut it up for firewood. I plan on hitting some yard sales in the morning. I'm looking for old sheets.
I also have cut up some plastic bags. I am going to crochet them into rugs. Has anyone of you ever done that project? If you have I would love to have your comments.

3 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

that is neat that you discovered that you had a cousin right nearby. how cool.
the rugs from plastic bags sound neat.
did you ever get my email reply?
have a great weekend.going yard saling sounds like fun.

Whitney said...

I went yard saling this morning but didn't find anything. When you are done your house you are WELCOME to come help me do mine! I need motivation...

Kim Campbell said...

You're making my stomach growl!!