Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I knew when I got up this morning, today wasn't going to be a good day. I didn't sleep very well last night. Shoot, I haven't been able to sleep in awhile. Things are getting pretty tough at work. I work for family and we make furniture. Here in North MS, that's all there is. Economy has been rough on the furniture factories. The bigger plants are sending their things over seas for they say it is cheaper to produce. It might be cheaper to produce but the results are cheap furniture. When I pay for a sofa, I would like for the thing to last several years not a couple and that is what you get when you get lower prices for production. The factory I work at has a total of 35. Some of the factories that I have worked at had well over 500. We are small and don't turn out the quantity that the bigger factories do but the quality is 100% better. We know that every furniture that goes out is a reflection on us. So , we make sure that it is perfect.
Anyway, we had a layoff today. Yup, the cost of everything has hit us too. Jon Brandon was one of the people that got laidoff. The reason, he was told that they were going to let him go for now because he would be leaving in about 3 1/2 wk. I told him to tell them that when he goes fighting for their freedom, that he might just take a layoff. Now that he is off work that has doubled the worries on me. He can't pay his bills with unemployment. The check he gets from the government, well, that's a joke.
Back to the story, my nerves have been shot. I lost it today. I have this girl that works beside me and she is the one who lies on her income tax return so she can get more money and brags about it , her and her husband is both drug addicts, they really work the system. she was making comments on what all they had bought and done over the weekend and I flew into her. I told her just how sorry she and her husband was. And if anybody ought to get laid off it should have been them two. Why, oh why, did I stoop to her level? I lowered myself to her. I prayed and asked the Lord to forgive my for what I did, I know that I should ask her for forgiveness but I just can't. It was the truth. Here I am trying to do right, pay my bills and be honest and I'm drowning and you look at her and her lifestyle, one can not help but ask why Her? Know what I mean? I'm sorry I shouldn't have done what I did or even talk about it. I just had to vent out some steam.
It all makes me wonder why , the government opens the doors for these forgeiners and show them how to make a living, give them free education, free medical, and food stamps, and not take care of their own. Like at the Miss Universe pagent, when Ms America came out , the mexicans and all booed her. Hello, you come into America for our handouts, you ought to be horsewhipped for all that. I believe that if they would put me in office , I could straighten this country out. Why is it that when a man (or so called one) is in charge of something, he screws up and a woman has to clean up his mess? I'm sorry, forgive me, I need some down time and to regroup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,I think you need a big hug. ((())) I too gte discouraged when I see the world getting ahead and I am struggleing. Remember in the end God will be the victor. They will not win in the end.
I am here if you need a friend.
Hugs,
Elizabeth