Monday, June 4, 2007



I finially go through with the rug I was working on. It is made from one full size sheet. I ripped the sheet up and crocheted it. It did have a basket look to it in the middle. After walking on it , it is laying down some. This was my first attempt to make one of these. I have some sheets that family has gave me and will tear them into strips and make some more. Got some great advice from MJF on how to stop the basket look and some good instructions. Can't wait to see how those turn out.

I put this one in front of my washer and dryer. That seems to be the most traffic area in the house other than the kitchen and bathroom.haha

7 comments:

Whitney said...

Made out of sheets? Wow, I just ran across directions to make a braided bathmat with old towels. You rip them in strips and then braid them and then sew the braids together in spirals or in stripes. I bet it would work with a sheet too. I think I am going to try it. What kind of a hook did you use? How wide did you make the strips? What stitch did you use?

Kim Campbell said...

I am an Eastern Star member too! For probably about 20 years now!

2 LMZ FARMS said...

To my va friend, I just made a cut into the sheet. You can make them as wide or narrow as you want them. Mine were about 1/2 inch. I used a j hook and just done a single crochet stitch into the first stitch. I have seen some directons on using sheets braided to make rugs. I got my directions from Mary Jane's stitching book. Have you ever checked out her web pages? www.maryjanesfarm.org
I love it there.
Laura

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Kim, I knew we had things in common.
Laura

Anonymous said...

Wow that is neat. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Beemoosie said...

That is adorable!! Can't wait to see more!

Tracey said...

That's really cool, Laura. I've always wanted to do one of those. I may have to check out your thread on the forum for a few tips.