Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I have decided to start another blog. The new one will mainly be just for personaly things. I have decided to keep this one but it will be just for the farm. Okay, so I will add a few family things. So here is the new addy, www.homesteadingblogger.com/twolmzfarms.
The start of the morning found me milking, then hanging out clothes and working on some projects that I want to finish for the upcoming county fair. I have been making rugs out of old sheets and my Aunt who has a flower shop here in town, wants me to make some for her to put in her shop. She sells handmade things. She also wants some soap and such. Maybe there is a way to make a go of things here on the farm. I will be going over to Dad's later on this afternoon to bring home 3 more goats. These will only be for the show ring. We went last week and picked out 2 nice wethers and one nice nanny. So for this year David and Emily will have 5 goats going into the ring. I would like to go to the goat sale July7 in Jackson but I don't thing I will be able to clear things on my schedule to allow this.
Coming Saturday, I will be married for 4 years. Whew, has it been only 4 years? Sometimes the marriage still feels so new and then there are times when it seems like forever. Wonder if Boo ( the lil name for Lamar) feels like that also? I am one lucky woman. Or am I cursed? Nope, lucky for I found true love and my soul mate. Now, Boo might think he is the one curse being married to me. lol
Have a good one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
We will be married 7 years on Sat. :) It seems like forever for us too. We are so comfortable together.
How is the decluttering coming?
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Whitney said...

In November my husband and I will have been married 10 years and living together for 15. We started dating in August 1992. He practically had moved in with me by November of that year. It took us 5 years to work out the kinks and decide we were finally ready to take the plunge of marriage. I am glad we waited so long. We had already lived through the yuck of the first couple years of "getting to know you" time and had separated 3 times in the five years. If we had married right away I am sure we would have been divorced but having the long time before marriage seemed to help us. I know we are in for the long haul together. He IS my soulmate, no doubt!

Congrats on 4 years. I am so glad that you are as happy as the day you were married and seem to be just as in love with him if not more.

Tina Leavy said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. You think 4 yrs is a long time..I've been hitched for 17 yrs,but it's been worth it..my guy is a real sweety.

Tina Leavy said...

so nice that your Aunt wants to put some of your items in her shop. I hope you do well at that.