Friday, June 1, 2007

I have decided to start posting, not only daily happenings here at 2lmz farms, but also about goats. How to get started, what to look for when buying a goat, different kinds of goats,etc. I think you get the idea. I was raised on a farm, where we had goats, cows, chickens, hogs, horses, we raised our own grain and sold our livestock to slaughter houses and slaughtered our own animals for our food. It was hard work for there were 3 girls and no boys. We girls drive tractors, doctored on the animals, everything that had to be done, us girls done it. My father farmed but also drove a truck so he was gone most of the time. It was up to us girls to keep the farm going. We learned how to buy and sell not only livestock but grain also. Just because we was girls and young , we weren't the type to get shamed(cheated). Our parents had raised us to be business minded and if we got cheated out of something, it could have meant doing without food or feed. We drove a hard baragin. I thank my parents and grandparents for instilling in me the love and knowledge for animals.
As I get into depth about health issues in goats just remember, I am not a vet(even though I have 2 cousins that are) some of the meds I give most vets would have a fit. I just know what has worked for me and the goats. If you have questions, I will try to answer them to my best ability, if not I will give you the source to find the answeres. Every goatkeeper has their own way and different views on things. I just hope my views will help you.

No comments: