Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Why is it , that no matter if you are the mother or father, when the x is around , you always have to play second fiddle? Today at the hospital while KC was there to have surgery on his shoulder, it was Tessa( our daughter), the x's parents, the x, Lamar, and me. I know as a mother I would want to be back there with my child but Lamar didn't get to see him. I know that I have never tried to make my kids feel uneasy when both of parents are there. I honestly feel like what went on , went on between the adults , not the kids. Some x's really want to put on a show and make the child feel like they have to give all their attention to that one parent. The Bible tells us to honor thy father and thy mother. Not just one. It has always been like we or rather Lamar don't exist when she is around. I know that I get treated that way by my x too. When she came through the doors for her parents to go and see KC , you could see how mad it made her that we were there. I get treated like I was the one who broke up their marriage. It was she who ran around on him, I didn't meet Lamar until a year after their divorce. She had ran around on him for years. He finally caught her by putting a dog tracking collar in her car. Yup, there is more usage for tracking collars than just hunting dogs. It's a joke all over town about how he caught her.
Anyway, I carried a book to read and just sat there, but my heart was breaking for Lamar. I know he wanted to see KC but just didn't want to stir up trouble by asking to go back there. You know, I can not for the life of me figure out why xs want to act like that. For the other parents just take it and sit back for the kids know, when all said and done , we will be the ones there with our arms wide open for them to run back to no matter how we get treated.

No comments: